Independent Music Awards Vox Pop Winner
Jenni has just won this award for her instrumental song “Initiation”…
Jenni Roditi GGSM VMTR MMus Dist. studied composition and piano at the Guildhall School of Music where she then taught following her graduation. She completed (December 2011) an MMus in composition at Brunel University and since January 2012 has been developing her new project Vocal Tai Chi.
During the nineties Jenni composed two full length chamber operas, ‘The Descent of Inanna’ and ‘Siddhartha Spirit Child’ both commissioned by the ensemble Lontano and premiered in London. Jenni worked with groups doing Voice Movement Therapy on Skyros Island for many years (at Atsitsa) as well running a private practice in London.
Her choral piece ‘Life‘ was recently premiered by the Crouch End Festival Chorus.
You can find out more about Jenni’s projects over the years by visiting – www.jenni-roditi.com
- Guildhall School. GGSM 2/1 Honours Composition and Piano. 1981-1985
- Performing (as singer/actor) with Gemini and Turning Point. 1984-1989
- Round Trip an opera. Commissioned Baylis Programme. Performed Riverside Studios 1986
- Six Coins in a Fountain for Orchestra. Commissioned by Schoenberg Sym Orch. Perf. Conway Hall. 1987
- Devil and the Deep Blue album of guitar songs. Performed small gigs. 1989
- No Argument music theatre performance. Commissioned by Voice Over Festival. Perf. Chat Palace. 1990
- Inanna an opera. Commissioned Lontano. Perf. ICA 1990-1992
- Trained in Voice Movement Therapy 1992
- Began professional practice in VMT 1993- 2009
- Tour of Inanna, The Place, Bath Manchester. Lontano 1994
- Devotion that Moves the Heart for choir. Performed October Gallery. Conductor David Temple. 1995
- Spirit Child, the Prelude. Commissioned Lontano. Perf. St Johns Smith Square. 1996-1997
- Inanna performance in Zagreb Bienalle of Music Theatre. Lontano. 1996
- SOS! Songs of Seduction. BBC 2 Sound on Film Commission. Collaboration with After Image. 1998
- Siddhartha Spirit Child an opera Commissioned by Lontano. Performed, The Ocean. 1998-2001
- Opened The Loft private venue to promote new music, all styles. Ran 60 events in 6 years. 2002-2008
- Long Songs and Simple Songs, series of compositions, sung by the composer, presented at The Loft 2002-2008
- Fully revised the score of Inanna 2006
- Recorded and filmed parts of Inanna. Available on You Tube Conductor Alex Ingram 2007
- British Composer Awards – invited to be a judge in this competition 2007 – present.
- Formed the Roditi Trio. Performed various small gigs. 2008
- Taken up by music agent Red Orange – promotion in the UK and Europe offered. 2009
- Jenni Roditi Ensemble open LIFEM Festival Kings Place, Hall One. Curator Red Orange. 2009
- Inanna selected to open Grimeborn Festival Arcola Theatre. August 2009. 2009
- Inanna selected by International Society of Performing Arts for pitch session in New York to 300 producers in Live Arts 2010
- Inanna taken up by opera producer based in Seattle – West Coast tour proposed for 2011/2012
- Crouch End Festival Chorus perform Life at St James’ Muswell Hill 2011.
- MMus Brunel University – distinction awarded for compositions and essays 2010-2012
- Selected to join the Arts Council 21st Century Leadership Programme with Battersea Arts Cente, Sage Gateshead and Bristol Watershed 2012
- Elected to serve on the Classical and Jazz Executive Committee for the British Academy of Composers, Songwriters and Authors 2012 – 2015.
- Vocal Tai Chi New Vocal Improvisation and Solo Performance Project with regular workshops and one to ones 2012/ ongoing..
- Independent Music Award Winner of the Vox Populi vote in the Instrumental Song category Aug 2013
- New work composed in 2014 : ‘Not This’. For Trittico Trio Flute, Oboe and Piano premiered September 17th at the 1901 Arts Club.
- New work composed in 2014 ‘Geo Muso!’ for Ignite/Shiva Nova double ensemble premiered on September 20th, Kings Place.
- Elected to serve on the Board of BASCA (British Academy of Composers, Songwriters and Authors) as an interim member for one year.
- Devotion that Moves the Heart (1994) for SATB and keyboard to be performed by Millfield school choir in their school hall and then at Wells Cathedral in early 2015.